Monday, September 29, 2008

Feeling old

This weekend we had a fabulous group of young people from Adelaide visit us and get an idea of what life is like for us up here in the Province. 


On the first morning of their visit I took five of the young women to the market. 

While stumbling through a part of the market I very rarely need to pass through on my regular shopping adventures, we stopped to chat to some of the stall owners. 

"My what beautiful girls you have! How happy you must be to be the mother of five lovely girls." 

I smiled with great enthusiasm at the joke of their thinking that all five of these young women were actually my children.  

It was only when I got back to the car and started to do the maths that I wondered how old I really looked - the eldest girl was 18!!!

4 comments:

Alison B said...

I guess if women in Cambodia have their first child around 16 (a good number in Indonesia do) then they'd be right on the money for your age!

Thanks for your blog. I often find it useful and challenging reading. It's always nice to keep up with more of the CMS-A family.

In The Son,
Duncan

Anonymous said...

Hello I fell sorry for you because sound like you not old but look old. love what you are write about. Can you put a hat on to keep the sun off your skin and drink lots of water so you don't get dryed out. Also maybe I think you can put some oil on your skin to keep it form becoming too old and like the leather that sometimes we make the shoes from. I think if you have little coco nuts oil rub into the skin so skin not get old too fast.

Joyful Daisy

Lisa said...

Hmm, great advice..???

I just wanted to write to say that I'm missing you... busy? nothing to say? I will call next week and find out.

Love, Lisa

Anonymous said...

hello you must still be young cos im still young and your not that much older than me big sister. Its funney though how things like that make you think. Hope all is well love Anth X