Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Up and Running ...

I'm back!  Still not functioning at normal (whatever that is and I guess I have never been that anyway ) but feeling much better and starting to get inspired again.


Thanks so much to everyone who continued to check the site (I can see from the counter that not all of you gave up on me ...) and for all the fantastically encouraging comments and emails I received over the last few weeks. It really has been a blessing.

I really wanted to start back with something wonderfully inspiring and encouraging. The only problem is that the thing that has been filling all my empty moments is story of an eight month old baby who returned to Ratanakiri on the plane yesterday, in a polystyrene box.  

I have no idea of the details except that the dear child was burnt with boiling water and sent to Phnom Penh in a desperate attempt to save its life.  

It didn't make it.

And now, somewhere not far from where I live, a mother must be mourning the passing of a precious life, just begun, with so much potential.  And I am weeping that there is just so much sadness in this broken, crumbling world.

But I'm aiming for inspiring and encouraging next time ... promise.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good to see you back online!- after a month of illness in the family. Hope you will get a new perspective (like on the new picture).. despite another sad story